The department of neurosurgery in Chennai at Rela MS Hospital is fully equipped with a dedicated neurosurgery ICU and neurosurgery Operation Theater. We offer every depth and breadth of surgical experience to patients with disorders and diseases of the brain, spine and peripheral nerves.
Our neurosurgery hospital in Chennai adept a multidisciplinary team of neurosurgeons who technically provide advanced surgeries for all complicated neurosurgical problems such as tumors or neuro-oncology, vascular lesions, degenerative disease, epilepsy, peripheral nerve disorders, spinal anomalies, functional and stereotactic neurosurgery and developmental defects with an unparalleled care.
Why is Rela MS an advanced center for neurosciences?
In this neurosurgery hospital in Chennai, we provide the leading-edge and compassionate care for all our patients with sky-high advanced treatments starting from diagnosis, interpretation, evaluation, complex surgical care and rehabilitation for disorders relating to the autonomic, central and peripheral nervous systems.
This department of neurosurgery in Chennai at Rela MS hospital is a fully devoted state-of-the-art center for neurosciences to treat the pediatric and adult neurosurgical disorders well supported by several divisions that include:
4, Audiology and Speech Therapy
5, Cranio-maxillofacial surgery
6, Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine
7, Clinical Psychology, and Radiology
8, Learning and Behavioral Disorders Clinic
9, Neurodiagnostic Lab equipped with advancements
Our unique approach
We ensure to have a unique and comprehensive approach towards our patients in this neurosurgery hospital in Chennai equipped with
- Fully loaded and dedicated operating suite for neurosurgery
- Stryker electric drill systems
- Integra Skull fixator system
- Soring GmbH ultrasonic dissector system
- Bissinger bipolar with Valley lab cautery system
- Microsurgical instruments and Aesculap Brain Retracting system besides aneurysm clips and applicators
- Leica F50 Operating Microscope which is fully integrated with HD camera and HD recording with a cutting-edge facility for ICG vascular fluorescence imaging guided surgeries
The range of emergency/elective neurosurgical procedures being performed at Rela MS, the neurosurgery hospital in Chennai includes:
- Awake brain surgery
- Brain and spine trauma including cranioplasty, head injuries, spine injuries and instrumentation
- CP angle region surgeries for Schwannomas
- Congenital spine anomaly surgeries including scoliosis, spinal dysraphism AAD, etc
- 24×7 on site availability of Senior Neurosurgeons and Faculties to ensure immediate high-level care in the department of Neurology in Chennai
- Full range of spine surgeries including spinal tumors and microscopic disc surgeries
- Intracranial pediatric and adult brain tumor surgery
- Microvascular surgery for AVMs and aneurysms
- Peripheral Nerve Tumor Surgeries
- Pediatric neuro surgeries including congenital anomalies, shunt surgeries, etc
- Surgeries for hemifacial spasm and trigeminal neuralgias
- Minimally invasive Skull Base Surgeries and transsphenoidal surgeries
Clinical Programs of Neurosurgery in Chennai
- Our premier surgeons have been using minimally invasive procedures routinely in the department of neurosurgery in Chennai to treat brain tumors, hydrocephalus and spinal conditions benefiting patients of all age groups starting from newborns to older adults.
- The expert team performing neurovascular surgery has decades of experience in handling complex cerebrovascular conditions besides advanced therapies and personalized care.
- Our pediatric neurosurgery in Chennai provides the most up-to-date and effective treatment every year for treating the entire spectrum of neurological disease.
- The spine and peripheral nerve team offers a broad range of non-surgical, traditional and minimally invasive surgical techniques in treating all kinds of back and neck problems with interventions for neurosurgery in Chennai to reduce pain and restore patient’s mobility while minimizing risks of open surgical procedures.
- Our talented team of neuro-oncologists, radiation oncologists, neurosurgeons and hematologists work together to plan and deliver personalized care for patients with spinal cord tumors and complex brain problems.
- The skull-base surgery is performed by experts from several specialties including otolaryngologists (ENTs), medical oncologists, neuro-oncologists, radiation oncologists, endocrinologists, and ophthalmologists to help the patients in diagnosing and treating all types of skull base tumors.
- Our neurosurgical trauma & intensive care team has specially trained physicians, therapists, technicians, nurses, and other medical professionals to provide coordinated, collaborative, and attentive care to handle the most complex trauma cases.
Read also General Surgery.