Liver transplant surgery is an important treatment option when the liver has been severely damaged by disease or injury. Few people realize that liver transplant surgery is also an option for children, teens and adults with inherited metabolic disorders who have chronic liver problem.
At Rela MS Hospital, we make it our objective to offer the most dedicated, ethical and best medical care for a successful liver transplant. It is our endeavour that every candidate striving for liver transplant surgery in Chennai can find solace at us with affordable cost.
What is Liver Transplant?
A liver transplant is a surgery to remove a diseased liver and replace it with a healthy liver from another person. The liver is a large organ that sits in the upper right side of the abdomen. It filters toxins from the blood and produces bile to help digest fat. A transplant is needed when the liver no longer works properly due to disease or injury.
There are two types of liver transplants: living donor transplants and deceased donor transplants. Living donor transplants use a healthy liver from a living person. Deceased donor transplants use a healthy liver from a person who has died.
Liver transplant surgery is a complex operation that requires a highly skilled medical team. The transplant team at Rela MS Hospital, Chennai are among the most experienced in India, performing over 200 liver transplants every year.
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with liver failure, Rela MS Hospital Liver Transplant team can provide the expert care you need to get through this difficult time.
Causes of the Liver Disease
People who require liver transplants mostly have one of the following conditions.
- Acute Liver Failure
- Chronic Liver Failure
The best liver hospital in Chennai, Rela MS Hospital has stated that these below mentioned causes of the liver disease may increase the risk of liver disease that include:
- Hepatitis B or C
- Viral Infections
- Problems with the Immune System
- Type 2 diabetes
- Heavy usage of alcohol
- Consuming too many toxins
Symptoms of liver transplant
When a patient experiences the symptoms of the liver disease, it is much recommended to consult the best liver transplant surgeon who are specially trained doctors to perform the care and surgery before or after the liver transplant.
- Nausea or Vomiting
- Itchy skin
- Pain in the upper right abdomen
- Abdominal swelling
- Feeling unwell or sleepy
- Confusion or disorientation
- Loss of appetite
- Dark urine
- Pale stool
- Chronic fatigue
- Tendency to bruise easily
You can consult Prof. Mohamed Rela (MS, FRCS, DSc), Liver Transplant Surgeon at our best liver hospital in Chennai if you experience any of the above symptoms to ensure if you should undergo a treatment for liver transplant or not.
Who is Eligible for a Liver Transplant?
There are many factors that go into deciding whether or not a person is eligible for a liver transplant. Some of these factors include the severity of liver damage, overall health, and the availability of a donor liver. In general, those who are most in need of a transplant and who have the best chance of survival are given priority.
There are many different types of liver transplants that doctors can perform. The most common type of transplant is a whole-liver transplant, where the entire liver is replaced. In some cases, only a part of the liver is transplanted. This is usually done when the recipient has a healthy liver but needs to have damaged tissue removed.
Liver transplants are usually performed when all other treatment options have failed and the patient’s life is at risk. The decision to undergo a transplant is not one that is made lightly – it is a serious surgery with many risks and complications. However, for those who are eligible and who have a donor available, a liver transplant can be life-saving.
Why do I need to go to a Rela MS Hospital?
Rela MS Hospital is one of the best liver transplant hospitals in Chennai. Here are some reasons why you should consider going to Rela MS Hospital for your liver transplant:
1. Rela MS Hospital has a highly experienced and skilled team of doctors who are experts in liver transplant surgery.
2. The hospital has state-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities that are required for a successful transplant surgery.
3. Rela MS Hospital has a proven track record of success in liver transplant surgeries with a success rate of over 95%.
4. The hospital offers exclusive liver transplant packages with an affordable liver transplant cost in Chennai that ranges between (……..) making it beneficial for everyone.
5. Rela MS Hospital also provides post-transplant care to ensure that you recover quickly and successfully after the surgery.
Pros and Cons of Having a Liver Transplant
There are many things to consider before undergoing a liver transplant. Some of the pros include:
- A liver transplant can save your life.
- You may have a better quality of life after a successful transplant.
- You may be able to return to your normal activities and resume working.
However, there are also some potential risks and downsides to consider, which include:
- The surgery is very complex and there are many potential complications that can occur, both during and after the procedure.
- There is a limited supply of donor organs, so you may have to wait a long time for a transplant.
- Even if the transplant is successful, you will need to take immunosuppressive drugs for the rest of your life, which can have serious side effects.
The transplantation of the liver is a major surgery and should only be performed by an experienced and expert surgeon. The liver transplant cost in Chennai will also depend on the hospital you choose. If you are looking for a reputable and affordable hospital for your liver transplant, then Rela MS Hospital in Chennai is the best place to go.
Meet With Us to Learn More
Preparing for a liver transplant surgery can be difficult, but our team here is there to help you to learn more about this process and get you on the right path of the treatment.
Read also Best Foods for Liver Health.