Many women feel that they might need to visit a gynaecologist only when they are pregnant or when they are facing any abnormalities in their reproductive life. Some are scared to approach a gynaecologist even if they have any primary fertility related issues. They should understand that approaching a gynaecology hospital in Chennai plays a significant role because they have to ensure that their reproductive system stays functional.
It is similar to that of taking regular dental check-ups and eye check-ups and so nothing to worry about visiting a gynaecologist once in a lifetime. There are various reasons for a woman to seek a gynaecologist because the women’s needs are plentiful starting from hormone disorders, sexually transmitted diseases, pregnancy, childbirth, fertility and menstruation issues, prompt treatment is required to stay healthy and lead an active lifestyle.
Also, if you are looking for the best gynaecologist in Chennai, you can approach the best gynaecologist hospital in Chennai like Rela MS Hospital to get benefitted because the experts here use cutting-edge treatments to help you overcome all sorts of gynaecological issues.
Who is a Gynaecologist?
A gynaecologist is a doctor who offer reproductive and sexual health services by involving in handling a patient with pap tests, pelvic exams, cancer screenings, and testing and treatment for vaginal infections. They also help in diagnosing and treating the reproductive system disorders such as infertility, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, and pelvic pain.
Also, they care for people with cervical, ovarian, and other reproductive cancers. Some gynaecologists provide care during pregnancy and birth by practicing as obstetricians. If a gynaecologist has an expertise in obstetrics, they’re called an OB-GYN.
What are the Conditions Treated by a Gynaecologist?
There are a wide range of conditions treated by a gynaecologist in Chennai. Some of them include:
- Issues relating to fertility, pregnancy, menopause and menstruation.
- Family planning, including pregnancy termination, sterilization, and contraception.
- Disorders or problems with tissues supporting the pelvic organs, including muscles and ligaments
- Treating polycystic ovary syndrome, urinary and faecal incontinence.
- Benign conditions of the reproductive tract, for example, fibroids, ovarian cysts, vulvar and vaginal ulcers, breast disorders, and other non-cancerous changes
- Premalignant conditions are treated by the gynaecologist in Chennai such as endometrial hyperplasia, and cervical dysplasia
- Cancers of the breasts, reproductive tract and pregnancy-related tumours
- Congenital abnormalities of the female reproductive tract
- Emergency care is also provided by the best gynaecologist in Chennai especially relating to all kinds of gynaecological disorders.
- Endometriosis : A painful disorder affecting the reproductive system
- Pelvic inflammatory diseases such as abscesses
- Sexuality dysfunction and sexuality related health issues based on same-sex and bisexual relationships, etc.
Additionally, the gynaecologist in Chennai may also treat asthma, psychiatric conditions, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, thyroid disorders and other hormonal issues, osteoporosis, etc.
When to See a Gynaecologist?
A visit to the gynaecology hospital in Chennai is recommended for annual screening and any gynaecology related issues as mentioned above because the best gynaecologist in Chennai is more concerned about the general and gynaecological health care. It also involves preventive medicine for women, diagnosis and treatment of issues such as acne, headache, low back pain, and mood changes, etc.
The Best Gynaecologist in Chennai
The gynaecologists at Rela MS Hospital have created a strong reputation in providing state-of-the-art treatments for gynaecological disorders by identifying the root cause of the issue and treating the patient accordingly with the sophisticated treatment procedures. Some of the best gynaecologists here are:
- Dr. Yogasalini (MBBS, MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology) – This best gynaecologist in Chennai is a senior consultant and clinical lead at Rela MS Hospital. She has around 12 years of experience in the field in handling the patients will all sort of gynaecological issues be it primary or complex. She has also conducted countless safe deliveries and is well-trained in laparoscopy and hysteroscopy. Moreover, this expert gynaecology doctor has created more successful testimonies in performing laparoscopic hysterectomy, ovarian hysteroscopy and cystectomy, etc.
- Dr. G. Buvaneswari MBBS, DGO, DNB (OG), Dip. ALS (Germany), FICOG, AMRCOG (UK) – She is a renowned gynaecologist in Chennai who has more than two decades of experience in the department of obstetrics and gynaecology. She has over 15 years of experience in treating infertile couples. Her specialisation includes handling high-risk pregnancies and providing comprehensive fertility treatment. Moreover, her interest is highly focussed on preventive reproductive genetics in order to save future pedigrees.
- Dr. P. Latha Mageswari MBBS, DGO, MRCOG, FRCOG, DFFP – This well-known gynaecologist in Chennai works as a visiting consultant at Rela MS Hospital. She has more than 18 years of experience in the field of obstetrics and gynaecology. Her way of approach is to make the patient understand the issues they are facing and also, she believes in scientific practice with care and compassion. Also, she is appreciated for her dedication in managing high-risk pregnancies along with treating all kinds of complex issues.
- Dr. Shanthi A R M.B.B.S., D.G. O, DNB(OG). BGL – She is one of the visiting consultants and the best gynaecologist in Chennai having more than 17 years of expertise in the field of obstetrics and gynaecology. Her treatment procedures start with medications and diagnostic tests like blood test, urine test, thyroid test and abdomen test. The reason is that she ensures that the patients who approach her must get proper treatment in order to help them overcome the issue and also make them lead a quality life.
- Dr. G. Shanthi MBBS, DGO, DNB – This passionate obstetrician and gynaecologist in Chennai is a visiting consultant and has worked in the infertility unit and has managed a greater number of high-risk maternity issues independently. Her specialized areas of interest include subfertility and high-risk pregnancy care. The patients approach her frequently for her good surgical skills and excellent clinical acumen. Some of the services provided by her are complicated pregnancy treatment, antenatal care, obstetrics problem, irregular periods, PCOD, etc.
- Dr. T. Vaidhehi MBBS., M.S(O&G) – This gynaecologist in Chennai is one of the visiting consultants here. She has more than a decade of expertise to treat patients from young to old relating to all kinds of gynaecological disorders. Her speciality and area of interest are dealing with obstetrics, colposcopy and high-risk pregnancies. Moreover, her expertise lies in the treatment of pelvic pain, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, uterine fibroids, acne and abnormal female hair distribution, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), irregular periods, vaginal skin disorders, genital tract infections, etc.
As you must be aware of, the scope of gynaecology is much wider than what most people think it actually is. So, approaching the best gynaecologist hospital in Chennai like Rela MS Hospital can help you in many ways because this hospital is equipped with the best gynaecologist in Chennai to diagnose you better and recommend you with more advanced treatment options to help you stay healthy. So, be wise and ensure not to neglect your health if you come across any gynaecological issues in future.
Read also Paediatrics.